Designed by Nicola Salvi, who based his work on the original work of Bernini, it took about thirty years to be completed. From 1732 when it was commissioned by Pope Clement XII to Salvi, to 1762. Unfortunately, Salvi did not live to see the completion of his work. The Trevi Fountain is located in the Quirinale district and is the masterpiece of the small Trevi square. Its name (Trevi Fountain) derives from its location at the intersection of three roads (tre vie).

There is no doubt that the Trevi Fountain (Fontana di Trevi) is one of the most popular and photographed fountains in the world. It’s one of those thing you find in Rome that make you ask … What the hell were all the artist in my city doing all this years? If it wasn’t for all the tourist disturbing and making noise during most of the day (that included me of course) you could stay there for hours contemplating those marvelous statues an listening to the water falling pristine into the huge basin of the fountain..

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I could not more than agree with you.
This is really a beautiful place.
I dont travel too much, but I will surely come back as soon as I have a chance.